Gulf Energy Management conducts its activities in a way that protects the health of individuals, prevents incidents, provides secure a work place for its employees, contractors, subcontractors, visitors and any third party, protects the environment and to reduces any negative impact on it. Gulf Energy International Management’s objective is drilling oil and gas safely. It is to provide:
1:A safe, healthy and secure workplace.
2. Well trained and skilled personnel.
3. Properly engineered and well maintained equipment.
4. On-site emergency plans.
5. Compliance with all applicable national and international laws, legislations, and standards of
Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
This policy and the obligations and responsibilities required by HSSE management have been communicated to all employees of Gulf Energy International.
Environmental Protection Policy
It is Gulf Energy’s policy to prevent damage and minimize environmental impact as much as possible. Gulf Energy will specificallystriveto:
• Always exercise due diligence in protecting the environment.
• Abide by all governing regulations.
• Containment spills; water source contamination, destruction of vegetation or any other violation of environmental laws is not permitted.
• Workers must immediately report all chemical or hydrocarbon spills to their manager.
Driving and Transport Policy
Gulf Energy International's Management recognizes that road transport is a high risk activity, therefore the following rules shall be implemented to avoid accidents and injury to individuals. The objective of Gulf Energy International Company Management is «No harm to people», therefore the following policies shall be applied:
1. Seatbelts are always to be fastened while driving.
2. Drivers shall not use mobile phones while driving.
3. A Journey management system shall be implemented.
4. All vehicles shall be well maintained.
5. Drivers shall adhere to road signs and speed limit signs.
6. Should adhere to drugs and alcohol policy It is the policy of Gulf Energy International to provide transport services consistent with HSSE standards. Contractors working with Gulf Energy International shall adhere to this policy.
Managers and supervisors of Gulf Energy International are responsible for implementing this policy.
Smoking causes risk and impairment to the health of the company’s employees, and is also the main cause of fi re; therefore smoking is prohibited in hydrocarbons areas, oﬃ ces, confi ned spaces in the company and its warehouses, and in Gulf Energy vehicles.
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
Drugs and alcohol impair the health of the company’s employees and cause risk to their work performance, therefore drugs and alcohol are prohibited in the facilities, oﬃ ces and work areas of Gulf Energy International.
Health, Safety & Environment
Gulf Energy is committed to Health, Safety and Environmental management systems that conform to the best practices in the industry.
Safety is an essential part of the company’s operations and is there to protect our employees, visitors, client’s property, environment and the public, by ensuring that we follow safety standards that meet and exceed those of our clients and all governing regulations.
Gulf Energy supports and adheres to the guiding principles that promote worker safety as developed by the relevant industry segment.
The Managing Director , Safety Manager ,Operation Manager , Project Manager & Division Manager are responsible for identifying safety needs, supplying safety equipment, communicating safety hazards, investigating hazardous conditions and accidents, and providing appropriate training. All Gulf Energy employees and all individuals on company worksites are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the safety program, by obeying all safety rules, following safe work practices, wearing
protective equipment, participating in safety training programs and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions.
Gulf Energy Provides
1. A safe, healthy and secure workplace.
2. Identification and assessment of security threats and implementation of controls.
3. Well trained and skilled personnel.
4. Properly engineered and well maintained equipment.
5. On-site emergency plans.
Compliance with all applicable HSE national laws and legislations as well international practices and standards.
HSE Target & Objective
Gulf Energy's target and objective are the prevention of accidents, injuries, and ill health to those at work (Employees and contractors/Sub contactors) and any third party. Gulf Energy’s vision is to achieve zero incidents.
Key challenges currently faced by the Group include:
• To maintain and improve upon HSE Performance.
• Working within a variety of cultural environments and to continue to recognize the multicultural nature of our employees and clients.
• Ensuring a high level of awareness and ownership of HSE amongst sub-contractors.